Hey, its Annie here with a quick update. Duncan is out for a quick hour run this morning. I thought about it, checked the weather and reconsidered! I think I’ll hold out until 9:00 a.m. when it’s supposed to be 1-degree! We will be heading to Texas today for the Rocky Raccoon 100/50 miler. The weather there at the moment is 50-degrees. That is a 56-degree difference in temperature from Gunnison!!! We are both anticipating the pleasure of running on some dry ground and beautiful trails this weekend. I am digging out my shorts and warm-weather gear. Maybe I’ll even get a tan this weekend?
Duncan says he’s feeling strong for the race. He is not feeling ‘fast’ or much like a runner, but again; very very strong. He has been nordic skiing quite a bit and has increased strength training this fall and winter. I know that he’s been running and is prepared, it is just so different from summer training when he is out for a 3 or 4 hour run most evenings!
The competition should be pretty good for this race, with several top names. It is just so hard to judge how the results will turn out. Duncan will just try to ‘give it everything,’ and hopefully that will be enough. His plan for the race is to ‘negative split’ it. The course is 3 x’s a 16.5 mile lap. With a course like that; it will be easy for Duncan to pace himself how he wants to. Thanks for checking in … we will try to keep you updated throughout the weekend!